We love this potato leek soup! It’s an easy recipe to put together, and is made with simple wholesome ingredients. Potatoes, leeks, celery, veggie broth, and a few spices are all you need! Enjoy the soup as is or make it more versatile while boosting the nutrition by adding in chopped spinach, broccoli, mixed vegetables, chickpeas, and/or lentils. This is a great meal preparation soup, as it makes a large quantity for leftovers.
Easy Potato Leek Soup (Vegan, Whole Food Plant-Based)
- 8 diced medium potatoes (we like to use yellow potatoes)
- 3 sliced leeks (white and light green parts)
- 3 diced celery stalks
- 4 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a pot over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer covered for 20 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Carefully scoop about half of the soup into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended half of the soup back into the pot, and mix thoroughly.
Note: We like to add in chopped spinach, broccoli, or mixed vegetables. Adding canned (or cooked) lentils or chickpeas is also delicious.
© 2020 Plant Fit Meg