Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 1/2-1 cup cauliflower rice *see note
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds (or chia seeds)
- Warm cauliflower rice according to package instructions or steam until soft. (I place microwaveable bags of riced cauliflower in the microwave for 5 minutes.)
- Add rolled oats, frozen cherries, cocoa powder, and plant milk to a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly and warm in the microwave for one minute (or until it’s warmed to your liking).
- Add cauliflower rice, and ground flax seeds.
- Mix and enjoy!
- If you have leftover cauliflower rice, add it in step 2.
- I like to use about 3/4 to 1 cup of cauliflower rice. I recommend starting with less, taste testing, and adding more as desired. When I make this for my 5 year old, I use about 1/2 cup.
- I like to eat this recipe as is, but I also sometimes like to top it with banana slices, berries, or more cherries.
- To add more sweetness, simply add raisins, chopped dates, date syrup, or maple syrup.