Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oatmeal
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups water
- 1-1.5 cups plant milk *see note
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Add steel cut oats, water, 1 cup of plant milk, and cinnamon to a large pot over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes stirring occasionally
- Add chopped apple, shredded carrot, ground flax seeds and add extra 1/2 cup of plant milk if desired.
- Mix thoroughly and cook another 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve and add toppings if desired – more cinnamon or other spices, more veggies or fruit, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, nut butter, apple sauce, date syrup, or maple syrup.
- Add more plant milk to make the oatmeal creamier. Add more water or milk as needed to achieve your desired consistency.
- Cook for less time for a chewier texture, and extra time for a softer texture.
This recipe is featured in the following video:
Check out the Plant Fit Meg Amazon Shop for recommended reading, pantry staples, fitness equipment, and more! As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.