Vegan Double Chocolate Mint Cookies (Oil Free, Nut Free Option)
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tahini (or almond butter)
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Add dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix.
- Add wet ingredients to a smaller bowl and mix.
- Add wet ingredients to a dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add chocolate chips and gently incorporate them into the batter.
- Drop small scoops using small ice cream scoop or heaping tablespoon and flatten slightly if desired
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until slightly brown on the bottom.
This recipe is featured here: