When I first decided to go vegan, I had no idea what I was going to eat! It may sound dramatic, but I was accustomed to eating quite a bit of packaged, processed foods and didn’t spend much time in the kitchen prior to changing my diet. Mom to the rescue! She sent me her classic chili recipe, and with a few modifications, I had an instant favourite. This recipe was, and continues to be one of my go-to meals. Thanks Mom!
Easy Vegan Chili (Mom’s Chili)
- 1 can (796 ml/28 fl oz) diced tomatoes with liquid (or 2.5 cups freshly diced tomatoes + 1 cup water)
- 1 can (540 ml/19 fl oz) black beans drained and rinsed (or 2 cups cooked black beans)
- 1 can (540 ml/19 fl oz) kidney beans drained and rinsed (or 2 cups cooked kidney beans)
- 1 diced onion
- 1/2 diced red pepper
- 1/2 diced green pepper
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- Mix all ingredients over medium-high heat on the stovetop for 5-10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 40 minutes (stirring occasionally).
© 2020 Plant Fit Meg
5 thoughts on “Recipe: Easy Vegan Chili (Mom’s Chili)”