Tofu has always been one of my son’s favourite foods…he even likes to eat it out of the package. This crispy, spicy tofu is one of our favourite tofu recipes and has been in our regular rotation of recipes for a long time!
Spicy Crispy Baked Tofu
- 1 package firm or extra firm tofu
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp hot sauce (+ more for topping-optional *see note)
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Cover baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Wrap tofu in towel and press gently to remove excess moisture.
- Chop tofu into bite-size pieces and put into a bowl.
- Add cornstarch and nutritional yeast, and mix well to coat the tofu.
- Add hot sauce and mix gently.
- Place tofu on baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes. Flip and bake another 10-15 minutes.
Note: If you’d like to up the spice level, toss the tofu in some additional hot sauce after baking.
- Enjoy as a tasty snack
- As a salad-topper with hummussy hot sauce (https://plantfitmeg.com/2020/09/05/recipe-hassle-free-hummus-3-hummus-based-dressings-oil-free/)
- Alongside broccoli, cauliflower and brown rice (or other veggies and starches)
- Use in a wrap or sandwich with your favourite veggies
© 2020 Plant Fit Meg
October 22, 2020 – Update: This recipe is featured in my WFPB Halloween video.
4 thoughts on “Recipe: Spicy Crispy Baked Tofu”