These delicious cookies are perfect for Halloween! This recipe is made with whole food ingredients and is super simple to make. They are a festive and fun sweet treat that can be enjoyed as a dessert, snack, or even for breakfast.
These cookies can also be made without the raisin and date decorations. The cookies will be slightly less sweet, but equally delicious!
Jack-O’-Lantern Cookies (Sweet Potato Carrot)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 finely grated carrot (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cooked and peeled sweet potato (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup date syrup -https://plantfitmeg.com/2020/07/15/date-syrup/
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or vanilla powder)
- dates, chopped into quarters lengthwise-optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line baking sheet with silicone liner (or parchment paper).
- Mash sweet potato in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients (except raisins and dates) to a large bowl, mix.
- Scoop batter onto lined baking sheet
- Optional decorations – Press dates into tops of cookies for pumpkin stems and gently press raisins to make jack-o’-lantern faces if desired
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until slightly brown on the bottom
- Allow to cool completely
- Store in the refrigerator
Note: These cookies can be made without the raisin and date decorations. The cookies will be slightly less sweet, but equally delicious!
© 2020 Plant Fit Meg
This recipe is featured in my WFPB Halloween video.