Grated potatoes, chopped spinach, and a few spices are all you need to make these easy oil free hash browns. Spread the mixture out in a thick layer for traditional crispy on the outside, soft on the inside hash browns. Alternatively, try spreading the mixture out into a scant layer for a crunchy, almost chip-like texture. We usually like to do a little bit of both when making this recipe, but choose your own adventure!
Crispy Spinach Hash Browns (Baked, Oil Free)
- 4 cups shredded potatoes (I usually grate the potatoes with a box grater, but you could also shred them in a food processor)
- 3 cups spinach (roughly chopped)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Cover baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- After shredding potatoes, squeeze out excess moisture with a towel or paper towels.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread potato spinach mixture in an even layer on the covered baking sheet. The thinner the layer, the crispier they will turn out. The mix can also be formed into patties if you prefer.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Flip and bake another 10-15 minutes.
© 2020 Plant Fit Meg