Vegan Caesar Dressing (Oil Free, Nut Free)
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 1 cup white beans (or sunflower seeds or oats *see note)
- 1/4 cup shelled hemp seeds – or 2 tbsp hemp, 2 tbsp flax
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tsp dulse or kombu flakes (*see note)
- 1/4 tsp salt or 1 tsp miso (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Adjust to desired consistency by adding water 1 tbsp at a time to thin, or adding 1 tsp hemp seeds at a time to thicken.
- Store in refrigerator. Dressing will thicken slightly with refrigeration. To thin, simply add more water and mix.
- This recipe can be made with white beans, oats, or sunflower seeds as a base. We prefer to use beans or sunflower seeds for a nicer consistency with leftovers. You can also mix and match these ingredients to make up the 1 cup.
- Seaweed (dulse or kombu) can have a strong “fishy” flavour. So, I suggest starting with less, taste testing and adding more as desired.