Easy Pizza Sauce
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (or 1/2 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp oregano)
- dash black pepper or crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- Taste test and add more seasoning to taste if desired. Add more water to thin slightly as needed.
We sometimes add nutritional yeast to the sauce to add a cheesy note.
- Pita pizza
- Potato pizza
- Pizza flavoured quinoa or rice
- Pasta sauce
- Mix with a creamy sauce to make a rosé style sauce
- Use as a dip for veggies, pita, or tortilla chips