TVP is textured vegetable protein, also sometimes called textured soy protein or TSP. This delicious Cajun TVP recipe is quick and easy to make. It’s full of flavour and I love that it’s so versatile – it can be used as a salad topper, enjoyed alongside your favourite whole grain and veggies, eaten as a snack, or served in a wrap or taco. It’s delicious as is, but also pairs well with hummus, salsa, hot sauce, bbq sauce, or my Cajun Tahini Lime Dressing.
Cajun Textured Vegetable Protein - Cajun TVP (Vegan, Oil Free)
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 2 cups TVP, slices or chunks
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Put TVP and boiling water into a bowl. Soak TVP for 10 minutes to rehydrate.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Rinse TVP with cool water and drain. Gently squeeze out excess moisture.
- Add TVP and remaining ingredients to a large bowl, mix thoroughly.
- Spread TVP on lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Flip and bake another 5-10 minutes.
This recipe is featured in my Easy Plant-Based Meal Prep Video: