I love eating oatmeal for breakfast! I switch it up a lot, but I’ve been enjoying oat groats lately. I’ve been meal prepping these beautiful bowls with oat groats, berries, powdered peanut butter, and ground flax seeds. I even add lentils and cauliflower rice to boost the nutrition! When cooking oat groats, I prepare a big batch in the Instant Pot (at high pressure for 20 minutes, with a 20 minute natural release). Combine the remaining ingredients, and you’re ready for a delicious and nutritious breakfast.
Peanut Butter Berry Oat Groats
by: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup cooked oats groats (or any whole grain you prefer)
- 1/2-1 cup berries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup cooked cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp powdered peanut butter
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- optional toppings: seeds, nuts, extra fruit, dried fruit, date syrup, or maple syrup
- Cook oat groats according to package instructions. I cook a large batch of oat groats in the Instant Pot on high pressure for 20 minutes, with a 20 minute natural release.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Warm in microwave for 1-2 minutes or until desired warmth.
- Optional: Top with seeds, nuts, extra fruit, dried fruit, date syrup, or maple syrup.
This recipe is featured in my Easy Plant-Based Meal Prep Video: