I love baking cookies this time of year, and these ginger molasses cookies are perfect for the holiday season. Ginger, cinnamon, and the other spices offer a warm festive flavour, while molasses and date syrup sweeten things up. This recipe is vegan, oil free, and very easy to make! Ryerden (our 5 year old) prefers the cookie cutter version, but I personally prefer to make the “ugly version” of these cookies by simply rolling them into balls and flattening them slightly. Choose your own adventure. They are delicious either way!
Chewy Ginger Spice Cookies (Vegan, Oil Free)
- 2 cups oat flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup date syrup (or maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Ugly cookies – Roll into small balls and flatten slightly OR
Pretty cookies (cookie cutter cookies) – Roll out with rolling pin and use cookie cutters to cut shapes.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until lightly browned on the bottom.
© 2020 Plant Fit Meg