We love vegan cheese! This nacho cheese is especially tasty, and since it’s nut-free, it’s also school safe and allergen friendly. We love to use this cheese as a dip for our Baked Potato Chips and other veggies. We also love to use it as a topping for nachos, burritos, tacos, wraps, sandwiches, and salads. Try it on top of our Oil Free Refried Beans (or Zesty Beans) or your favourite vegetables.
Vegan Nut-Free Nacho Cheese
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 1 cup rolled oats (or hemp seeds)
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 2 tsp miso (or 1 tsp tamari or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pickled jalapeño juice (optional)
- 1 tsp sliced pickled jalapeños, chopped (optional)
- 1-1.5 cup water (start with 1 cup, add more water for desired consistency)
- Add all dry ingredients to high-speed blender.
- Add all wet ingredients and blend thoroughly until smooth.
- Add more water and blend again to thin the sauce to desired consistency. (*see note)
- Store in the refrigerator.
- I recommend adding the dry ingredients first. The oats (or hemp seeds) are blitzed at the base of the blender first, resulting in a smoother consistency.
- Nacho cheese will thicken after sitting and refrigeration. Add a bit of water and stir to thin as desired.
- Enjoy as a dip with veggies, pita bread, or chips. Use as a topping for nachos, tacos, burritos, salads, sandwiches, and more!