Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies (WFPB, Oil Free)
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup plant milk (soy or almond)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (+ extra 1 tbsp topping-optional) *see note
- 1 tbsp crushed walnuts or pecans for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line an 8 x 8″ glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. *see note
- Add 1/4 cup chocolate chips and gently incorporate them into the batter.
- Pour brownie batter into lined baking dish.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
Note:If your peanut butter is thick, you might want to warm it up slightly before adding to the dry mixture; or mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl before adding to dry ingredients.
This recipe is featured here: