Vegan Taai Taais (Chewy Dutch Sweet & Spicy Cookies - Oil Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free)
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 2 3/4 – 3 cups oat flour *see note
- 2 tsp all spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp cloves)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground anise seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup date syrup – https://plantfitmeg.com/2020/07/15/date-syrup/
- 2 tbsp molasses
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Cover dough ball with cling wrap and put the bowl in the fridge for 1 hour *see note
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Roll into small balls and flatten slightly OR roll out between two sheets of parchment (or silicone mats), and use cookie cutters to cut into shapes. *see note
- Bake 10-15 minutes until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Start with 2 3/4 cups of oat flour. The mixture should be slightly sticky before going into the fridge. If it is too wet, simply add more oat flour 1 tbsp at a time until it forms into a slightly sticky dough ball.
- I recommend leaving the dough in the fridge for 1 hour, but it can be left in the fridge for 30 minutes if you’re shorter on time. The dough is easier to work with if left in the fridge longer, but can work either way.
- Thicker dough will result in puffier cookies with a chewier consistency. Thinner dough will result in flatter more biscuit-like cookies.
This recipe is featured here: