This creamy tomato basil pasta sauce is our new favourite pasta sauce! This Vegan Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta recipe is so simple and so delicious! It’s made with minimal and easy to find ingredients that make it a snap to put together. Make this 5 minute plant-based pasta sauce for an easy weeknight meal or a Valentine’s Day dinner. Enjoy over pasta or your choice of whole grains, greens, and/or beans. Keep it simple or jazz it up with your choice of additional spices, veggies, lentils, chickpeas, bulgur, or textured vegetable protein.
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to purchase through the link below, I receive a small commission from each sale at NO extra cost to you. All proceeds go back into making more content. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We make our creamy tomato basil pasta sauce in our trusty Vitamix blender. It always turns out smooth, creamy, and delicious! Allow it to blend for 6 minutes or so to heat in the blender, or warm on the stovetop.
Vegan Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 1 can diced tomatoes (796 ml / 28 oz)
- 1 can tomato paste (156 ml / 5.25 oz)
- 1 cup chickpeas (cooked or drained and rinsed from can)
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper
- 1 tbsp basil (dried)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Warm over medium-high heat on stovetop stirring occasionally. *see note
- Pour over your favourite pasta for a delicious meal.
- When using a Vitamix blender, you can also allow it to blend for 6 minutes or so to warm in the blender if you prefer.
- Keep it simple or jazz it up with extra spices, veggies, lentils, chickpeas, bulgur, or textured vegetable protein to suit your taste preferences.
- We also like to use this sauce over whole grains, greens, and/or beans for a delicious and hearty meal.
- This recipe is also quite versatile with a few tweaks: add some extra liquid and veggies for a soup or stew; or drain the can of diced tomatoes to create a thicker sauce for pizza or to use as a dip!