Onion. Peppers. Jackfruit. BBQ seasoning. Tortillas. Leafy Greens.
Meg’s Mishmosh Meal: BBQ Jackfruit Tacos
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 200 g / 7 oz jackfruit
- 2 tbsp bbq seasoning (or sauce or seasoning mix of your choice)
- tortillas (I like the Que Pasa corn tortillas)
- greens of choice (I often use kale slaw)
- Warm pan over medium-high heat. Add a splash of water to make sure the pan is hot enough.
- Add onions and cook until translucent (or cook longer for more browning if desired).
- Add peppers, mix and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add jackfruit and seasoning. Mix thoroughly adding splashes of water periodically to prevent sticking.
- Cover the pan and simmer on medium to low heat to allow flavours to come together.
- Enjoy jackfruit mixture in corn tortillas with greens, other vegetables, and any other toppings you enjoy!
- more onion and/or peppers
- shredded carrot
- corn niblets
- bbq sauce
- green onion
- nutritional yeast
© 2020 Plant Fit Meg