These banana oat chocolate chip cookies are made in one bowl with simple, wholesome ingredients. They are super tasty, and the recipe comes together really quickly with only 10 minutes of baking time! The chocolate chips can also be omitted for an even healthier breakfast cookie if desired.
Easiest Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan, Plant-Based )
by: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats
- optional: 1-2 tbsp powdered peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips* – see notes
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheet with a silicone baking mat (or parchment paper).
- Add bananas to a large bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl, mix thoroughly.
- Scoop mixture onto lined baking sheet and reshape as needed. (We like to use a cookie scoop.)
- Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly browned on bottom.
- Allow to cool.
- The mixture will be a bit more wet than a traditional cookie batter. If the mixture seems too moist, simply add more oats 1-2 tbsp at a time and mix again.
- The powdered peanut butter is optional and the chocolate chips can also be omitted for a simple banana oat breakfast cookie.
- Other add-ins can also be used to suit your taste – raisins, nuts, seeds
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- These cookies also freeze well.