Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan, Oil Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free Option)
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup powdered peanut butter (or substitute 2 tbsp ground flax and 2 tbsp hemp seeds) *see note
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup date syrup – https://plantfitmeg.com/2020/07/15/date-syrup/ (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Add dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix.
- Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add chocolate chips and gently incorporate them into the batter.
- Drop small scoops using small ice cream scoop or heaping tablespoon and flatten slightly if desired
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until slightly brown on the bottom.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Note: Using ground flax and hemp seeds will yield a slightly different, but equally delicious flavour. If the batter seems a bit moist, simply allow the batter to rest for a few minutes to thicken slightly. Extra oat flour can also be added as needed.