Simple vegan potato curry made with minimal ingredients. This whole food plant-based recipe is easy, delicious, and family friendly! It’s also a great way to use up leftover potatoes! Feel free to jazz it up with extra veggies, legumes, and/or whole grains. For an even easier vegan curry recipe, check out Meg’s Mishmosh Meal: Lazy Vegan Curry for a 3 ingredient recipe.
Easy Vegan Potato Curry
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 2 cups cooked potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- Warm pan over medium-high heat. Add a splash of water to make sure the pan is hot enough.
- Add diced tomatoes and spices.
- Mix thoroughly and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add cooked potatoes and kale.
- Mix thoroughly and cook another 5 minutes or so.
- Taste test and add more spices if desired to suit your taste preference.
- start recipe with diced onion and minced garlic
- cauliflower or broccoli
- Mix cooked chickpeas, lentils, or split peas into the last few minutes of cooking
- Serve alongside cauliflower rice and/or rice, quinoa, or another whole grain
- Serve alongside your favourite vegetables – greens, broccoli, cauliflower, etc…
- Add curry and greens to a pita wrap
This recipe is featured in my Mary’s Mini Challenge What I Eat in a Day video: