Vegan Chocolate Chip Scones or Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies (Gluten Free, Oil Free)
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup plant milk (soy or almond)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup oat flour (GF)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (GF)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Mash the banana in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the flax, soy milk, and vanilla. Mix and set aside.
- Mix oat flour, oats, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts and gently incorporate into batter.
- Pour half of batter onto one side of lined baking sheet, and the other half on the other side. *see note
- Smooth out both into a circular shape about 1/2 an inch thick with the back of spoon.
- Cut each round in half and half again to make 4 scones per side.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Makes 8 scones.
- This recipe can also be made into breakfast cookies rather than scones. Simply scoop batter onto lined baking sheet (2 tbsp to 1/4 cup) at a time and flatten slightly. Bake 15-25 minutes. Smaller cookies will take less time and larger cookies will take longer to bake.