Not sure what to make for your next holiday dinner? Try this delicious whole food plant-based veggie and bean loaf. It’s made with wholesome and simple ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen. All you need is 10 ingredients, a large food processor, a loaf pan, and your oven!
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to purchase through the Amazon links below, I receive a small commission from each sale at NO extra cost to you. All proceeds go back into making more content.
I prepare the loaf mixture in my KitchenAid 11 Cup Food Processor. If you have a smaller food processor, you may want to halve the recipe or process half of the mixture at a time. I like to use a silicone loaf pan for this recipe, but parchment paper in a traditional loaf pan also works well.
Vegan Holiday Loaf - WFPB Bean and Veggie Loaf (Oil Free, Nut Free)
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 3 cups oats
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped onions (~1 small onion or 1/2 large onion)
- 1 cup mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot (~2 small or 1 large carrot)
- 1/4 cup celery, roughly chopped (~1 stalk)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 tsp steak spice
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Add oats to food processor and process into flour (doesn’t need to be super finely milled).
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor and process until the mixture comes together.
- Test the mixture to make sure it will hold together. *see note
- Scoop mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes
- The mixture should hold together and be slightly sticky. If it’s too crumbly, add a splash of water to the mix and process again. If the mixture is too wet, add oats 1 Tbsp at a time and process again to achieve desired consistency.
- Serve with potatoes or a whole grain, and your favourite vegetables. We love to have our Roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots with this loaf and top it off with gravy or bbq sauce.