It took me a while to get into eating tofu. When I first started eating a plant-based diet, I was afraid of tofu! The only tofu I had ever eaten was plain and squidgy. Tofu is now a staple in our diets and we eat tofu scramble regularly. This recipe is easy to put together and so tasty! Save even more time by using frozen pre-chopped veggies.
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups chopped kale (or spinach or other greens)
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari)
- 1 tsp date syrup (or maple syrup)-optional
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Wrap tofu in a towel (or paper towel) and press slightly to remove excess moisture.
- Warm skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers to pan. Cook 3 minutes or so, adding a little water to the pan as needed to prevent sticking.
- Crumble tofu into skillet.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except greens): coconut aminos, date syrup, nutritional yeast, turmeric, black pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cover and simmer about 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Add greens and mix again. Cook another 3 minutes or so to fully incorporate greens into scramble.
optional – add zesty black beans for a spicy addition https://plantfitmeg.com/2020/08/18/megs-mishmosh-meal-three-ingredient-zesty-black-beans/
© 2020 Plant Fit Meg
Update: This recipe is featured in my first What I Eat in a Day blog post and video.