Grating zucchini into oats is a great way to boost your vegetable intake and enjoy veggies for breakfast! I used to make this recipe without the zucchini, and it works that way as well. Feel free to start with less zucchini and gradually increase if you’re unsure of having veggies in your oats. Enjoy warm or cold!
Recipe: Chocolate Zucchini Oats
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini (about 1/2 large zucchini)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (or quick oats)
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp powdered peanut butter (optional)
- fruit for topping – I like banana slices and/or berries
- Add zucchini, oats, plant milk, ground flax, cocoa, and powdered peanut butter to a bowl (all ingredients except for fruit).
- Add plant milk.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Top with fruit and a sprinkle of cocoa or flax seeds if desired.
Note: Warm slightly on stovetop or in microwave if desired.
© 2020 Plant Fit Meg
This recipe is featured in my first What I Eat in a Day blog post and video.