When I first went plant-based, I didn’t eat tofu and I had never even heard of tempeh! Tempeh is made from fermented soybeans and is slightly less processed than tofu. After experimenting with different spices, sauces, and preparation methods, I now thoroughly enjoy both tofu and tempeh in a variety of ways! This baked tempeh recipe is easy and delicious. Toss it on top of a salad or serve it alongside your favourite veggies and grains.
Baked Tamari Peanut Tempeh
- 500 g (about 17.5 oz) tempeh, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tbsp tamari (or coconut aminos)
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp powdered peanut butter (PB2)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 0.5 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Put all marinade ingredients in oven-safe baking dish and mix.
- Add chopped tempeh. Flip and allow to marinate for 15-30 minutes. (see note)
- Bake 20 minutes. Flip and bake another 10 minutes.
Note: I have also made this recipe without marinating when I’ve been short on time. The flavour isn’t quite as strong, but it’s still delicious.
- Serve with broccoli and rice (or other veggies and grains)
- Serve on top of a bed of greens and grains or mix into a big salad
- Use in a wrap or sandwich with your favourite veggies
© 2020 Plant Fit Meg