Oats. Water. Chopped apple. Apple sauce. Cinnamon. Ground chia seeds. Raisins.
Easiest Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 apple, chopped (reserve a few pieces for topping)
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds
- raisins (optional)
- cinnamon (to taste)
- Place rolled oats, water, and most of the chopped apple in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stir, and microwave another minute. (Or warm in microwave or cook on stovetop according to package instructions or to desired consistency.)
- Add apple sauce, ground chia seeds, and cinnamon.
- Mix throughly.
- Top with raisins, remaining apple pieces, and extra cinnamon.
Note: I also like to add shredded zucchini or carrot after cooking, and/or top with walnuts or seeds (hemp, pumpkin, sunflower etc..)
© 2020 Plant Fit Meg
Update: This recipe is featured in my What I Eat in a Day When I’m Sick blog post and video.