Baked Buffalo Tempeh
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- two 8 oz (250 g) packages of tempeh
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Cover baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Slice each package of tempeh into cubes, strips, or desired shape and size.
- Put all ingredients in a food storage container with a lid. Shake. (You can also use a bowl or bag to toss the tempeh if you prefer.)
- Reserve remaining hot sauce. Bake 20 minutes.
- Brush on half of the remaining hot sauce. Flip and brush on the remaining hot sauce. (Or put tempeh back in container and shake again.)
- Bake another 10 minutes.
- Enjoy as you would typical “chicken fingers” with baked fries, carrots, and celery sticks
- Serve with spinach mashed potatoes – https://plantfitmeg.com/2020/10/07/recipe-spinach-mashed-potatoes-stovetop-or-instant-pot/ , and Brussels sprouts – https://plantfitmeg.com/2021/01/27/recipe-roasted-brussels-sprouts-3-flavours/
- Prepare a big salad with your favourite greens and other vegetables, top with buffalo tempeh and more hot sauce or hummusy hot sauce – https://plantfitmeg.com/2020/09/05/recipe-hassle-free-hummus-3-hummus-based-dressings-oil-free/
- Use in a wrap or sandwich with your favourite veggies