I have always loved chocolate! This chocolate date sauce is a deliciously sweet chocolatey addition to pancakes, waffles, or nice cream. It is simple to make (especially if you already keep date syrup on hand). I even like to add it to my coffee occasionally for a sweet treat.
Chocolate Date Sauce
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 1/4 cup date syrup (https://plantfitmeg.com/2020/07/15/date-syrup/)
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp soy milk (or other plant milk)
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl
- Taste test and adjust as needed to suit your taste and texture preferences. Add more cocoa for a deeper chocolate flavour, more date syrup for added sweetness, or more plant milk for a thinner consistency.
- Enjoy on top of pancakes, waffles, nice cream, oats, fruit etc…
- Store in refrigerator