Chocolate Banana Green Smoothie (Ugly Green Chocolate Milkshake)
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 5-6 cups greens *see note
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1-2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup plant milk (add more as needed) *see note
- 1 cup water
- Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender.
- If using a regular blender, use ground flax and ground chia seeds and allow frozen fruit to defrost for 10-15 minutes prior to blending. Use more liquid as needed to blend.
- Use baby spinach for a milder “green flavour”
- Start with less greens and add more as desired to taste
- The flax and chia seeds will thicken the smoothie as it rests, so add more plant milk or water for a thinner consistency
- For a creamier version, use 2 cups plant milk instead of 1 cup plant milk and 1 cup water
This recipe is featured in my Plant-Based What I Eat in a Day blog post and video.