Apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, and water combine to make this super simple apple sauce. We’ll be enjoying this along with our One Bowl Apple Cookies for Thanksgiving dessert! This lovely apple sauce is equally suited to enhancing a breakfast dish as well; it makes a great topping for pancakes, waffles, or oatmeal.
4 Ingredient Apple Sauce (Sugar Free)
We like to use McIntosh apples, but if you prefer a sweeter apple sauce, you may want to use a sweeter variety such as honey crisp, gala, or ambrosia.
- 10 apples (peeled, cored, sliced)
- 1/4 cup water
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
- Add apples, water, and lemon juice to a large pot.
- Cook over medium heat until apples are tender, about 10-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mash apples to desired consistency and add cinnamon to taste.
- Serve warm or allow to cool completely and serve cold.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- enjoy as is – warm or cold
- top with oats, chopped walnuts, hemp seeds
- mix into baked oats – https://plantfitmeg.com/2020/09/02/recipe-baked-steel-cut-oats-apple-carrot-cinnamon/
- serve on top of your favourite oatmeal
- serve on top of pancakes, waffles, millet squares
- use some to make apple cookies – https://plantfitmeg.com/2020/10/08/recipe-one-bowl-apple-cookies-refined-sugar-free-oil-free/
© 2020 Plant Fit Meg