Easy whole food plant-based apple cookies. Are they breakfast? Dessert? Both? We’ll be enjoying them for Thanksgiving dessert along with our homemade 4 Ingredient Apple Sauce, but they are a delicious breakfast choice as well. Choose your own adventure with these wholesome tasty cookies!
One Bowl Apple Cookies
- 2 cups oats
- 1 chopped apple (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 to 1 cup apple sauce (https://plantfitmeg.com/2020/10/08/recipe-4-ingredient-apple-sauce-sugar-free/ or unsweetened store-bought) *see note
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (or vanilla powder)
- 2 tsp molasses
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with silicone liner (or parchment paper).
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, mix.
- Scoop mixture onto lined baking sheet and flatten gently.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly browned on bottom.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator
The amount of applesauce needed will vary depending on the consistency of your apple sauce. I recommend starting with 3/4 of applesauce, mixing all the ingredients, and adding more apple sauce as needed to combine the mixture thoroughly. For your reference, when using homemade apple sauce, we use 1 cup. When using unsweetened store-bought apple sauce we use 3/4 cup.
© 2020 Plant Fit Meg
Update: This recipe is featured in my first What I Eat in a Day blog post and video.