We love to make pancakes or waffles together on the weekends. These easy banana oat pancakes are so easy to make; and they are a delicious and nutritious way to start the day!
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to purchase through the links below, I receive a small commission from each sale at NO extra cost to you. All proceeds go back into making more content.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We whip up the batter in our Kitchenaid 11 cup food processor. If you have a smaller food processor, you can halve the recipe. We always cook up our pancakes on our Cuisinart Griddler. We love the griddler so much! It is truly non-stick – no oil required!
Banana Oat Pancakes (Plant-Based, Oil Free Vegan)
By: Meg Gray
Plant Fit Meg
- 4 bananas *see note
- 4 cups oats
- 2 tsp egg replacer 4 tbsp water or 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk (or other plant milk)
- dash cinnamon
- Warm a non-stick pan over medium heat OR preheat griddle (Griddler – 375 on the griddle setting).
- Add all ingredients to food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour scoops of batter onto pan or griddle.
- Wait until bubbles start to form and pop on the surface of the pancake, then flip and cook the other side of the pancake until golden brown.
- Very ripe (brown spotted) bananas will blend more easily and lend a sweeter flavour.
- Baked sweet potatoes can be substituted for the banana or combined with the banana. We sometimes use 2 bananas and 1 sweet potato.
Chocolate Date Sauce – https://plantfitmeg.com/2021/05/02/recipe-chocolate-date-sauce/
Apple Cinnamon Date Sauce – https://plantfitmeg.com/2020/12/03/recipe-apple-cinnamon-date-sauce/
Berry Chia Jam – https://plantfitmeg.com/2020/07/11/berry-chia-jam/
Fruit – berries, sliced banana, chopped apple